Pages

Sunday 1 November 2015

Wolford Rockn' Rose Tights Review - Black/Black






Well hello again!  I'm back to review one of my favourite brands, Wolford!  They're one of the world's leading hosiery brands founded in 1949.  Their designs are always innovative and high quality, maximum comfort (like silk against your skin) and most definitely timeless elegance.  This is many of the reasons why I have a vast collection of their hosiery and bodysuits.
You can read my previous reviews on some of my favourite Wolford products here; 


Wolford Rockn' Rose Tights


Design and Material
How Wolford describe them;  
"Sexy rock 'n' roll touch.  Their pattern of oversize roses makes these tights stand out from the crowd.  Sweet styling secret: a single rose cleverly positioned at the front, just next to the hip bone." 

The Rockn' Rose tights are 20 denier appearance and consist of 52% Nylon, 38% Polyester and 10% Elastane.

If you want a pair of tights that will 'turn heads' then these tights are definitely for you.  The roses have a slightly raised velvet feel and not to mention look super cute on!  You can tell the quality of knit is just perfect with no imperfections and feel lovely upon my skin (as always with Wolford!)



As with all Wolford tights, please protect them by using hosiery gloves to apply. It is the most heartbreaking moment when you accidentally snag your tights, which could of easily been avoided by wearing these specially designed gloves.



Sizing

I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 45kg (UK 6), so as per the below Wolford Size Guide...I'm really in between sizes. 


I normally wear an XS or a S (depending on what sizes are available).  But I personally prefer to wear a Small; as I don't like to stretch the tights too much


Colours and Price

The Wolford Rockn' Rose tights are available in both sahara/black and black/black.  I personally have both pairs; my sahara pair were purchased from the Wolford Outlet store for £15.00, and my black pair were purchased from TK Maxx (very recently) for the fabulous price of £6.99!


How to wear Wolford's Rockn' Rose Tights?


I wore these tights as a more casual look with shorts; although you could easily pair them with a cute plain skater dress.  

TIP: Also when I wear tights with boots, I will wear a pair of thick socks to protect the nylon!

  

Verdict 


I have been purchasing hosiery for years and I can't stress this enough, that you really do 'get what you pay for'.  There is a clear reason as to why Wolford have remained one of the world's leading hosiery brands!  

 I love the Rockn' Rose tights and judging by the feedback on my Instagram, a lot of you do too!  They're so different to most tights that you will see available on the market and because of that they definitely catch everyone's attention when wearing them!

What do you think of the Wolford Rockn' Rose tights ? 





Body: Wolford    ||    Shorts: Allsaints    ||    Coat: Burberry Trench    ||    
Tights: Wolford Rockn' Rose    ||    Shoes: Dr Martens Aimilita    ||    Scarf: Joules

5 comments:

  1. Great review. You are absolutely right that you get what you pay for when buying tights. If you look after Wolford tights they last for years. I like the pattern on the Rockn' Rosen tights - definitely a head turner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks they're most certainly a head turner, very unusual (as with most Wolford's)

      Definitely, you may pay a little bit more...but it's worth it in the long run! ❤

      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Firstly, great to see your reviewing again!

    Next, what beautiful tights! You are right, the large roses are striking! Did it bother you that the roses only when up to the tops of your thigh (mock-stocking style)? ... I suppose, it depends on your short your shorts / skirt is??

    You also said the "roses have a slightly raised velvet feel ..." ... like flock wallpaper? I love the feel of flock wallpaper, so I bet these Wolford tights feel amazing!

    Nice outfit and nice locations! Great pictures and thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist other users like its helped me. Great job.video moglie offerta

    ReplyDelete