Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

Does One Size really fit all? - Gipsy Tights Review

Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and New Year!
 
Here is my review on the fabulous Gipsy Tights, hope you enjoy


Gipsy Tights have been an established hosiery brand for over 30 years, bringing the latest of Italian fashions to the market with an amazing quality and available for an affordable price!


Gipsy Ornate Sparkle Front Detail Tights
 
Gipsy very kindly sent these to me during my Christmas break, after I questioned whether one size truly can fit all?!

Such a sweet note, thanks guys!


Design and Material
How Gipsy describe them; 
"Add a touch of glamour to your legwear collection with this elegant sparkle detail design.  Team with a black skater skirt and heels for a stunning evening look."
 
The Ornate tights are 92% Nylon and 8% Elastane.

The first thing I noticed when putting these tights on, is how silky smooth they truly are...the quality of them is absolutely amazing!!  They're a lovely pair of opaque tights, which I would estimate to be around 40 denier! 

I love the fact that from behind these appear to be just a normal pair of tights, as the glitter design only appears on the front of the tights!  They're so pretty, especially when you catch the sparkles in different light
 
Close-up
Even though Gipsy's tights feel more sturdier than many other hosiery brands, I would still recommend wearing gloves when applying to protect them.  It is the most heartbreaking moment when you accidentally snag your tights, which could of easily been avoided by wearing these specially designed gloves.


Sizing and Fit
 
The Ornate tights are only available in 'one size' only, which initially made me question as to whether they really would fit me?  


I'm 5ft 4 and my hip size is 30" (4" under what they recommend will fit).  In the past this has led to avoid any items labelled 'one size', leaving me really frustrated...!

But I can honestly say the sizing is perfect, even after wearing them for around eight hours and they didn't even slip down at all!!  


Colour and Price

The Ornate tights are available in one colour only at an absolute breathtaking price of £8.00! 


How to wear Gipsy Ornate Sparkle Tights?

 

You can wear these tights with pretty much everything as they're extremely versatile! You could even wear these with a cute pair of shorts or bodysuit with a skater skirt ❤  
(I would of loved to of taken more pictures with different outfits; but my friend has borrowed my camera)
 

Verdict 

 

I must admit that I have fell head over heels in love with Gipsy as the quality of their tights is  outstanding and the price is really affordable!  They range from as little £1.30 up to £14.00; even though the prices are really reasonable,  the quality is not compromised at all...!
 
Previously in the past I have avoided any hosiery labelled as 'one size only' as I always assumed that they would never fit...but I can now honestly confirm that;

One size truly does fit all...!!


 Gipsy Tights have a wide selection of designs available on their website, which can be purchased from here; 

Gipsy Tights
Essexy Legs
UK Tights
Tights Tights Tights
ASOS
 

Dress: Asos Harness Dress    ||    Tights: Gipsy Ornate Sparkle Tights    

9 comments:

  1. Great review Kay. It provides a good level of detail about the product as well as your overall evaluation. Look forward to more of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, glad you've enjoyed reading it ❤ !

      Appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Great job, Kay! Beautiful tights and in some pictures they have an effect of suspender tights!
    I love how they glitter and you look so beautiful in them<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Maria ❤

      They really are lovely, especially as you say; how they glitter!

      Wish we lived closer together, could of done a collaboration!

      ❤ ❤

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous tights and wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. depends on the brand not all O/S fits all will fit everyone each brand is different in this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Polly I have found the O/S fits me perfectly even being 195 pounds and 5' 6" thighs at 21" hope this helps other buyers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have bought many pairs of tights from Gipsy. There website is very efficient and the tights are really good value, especially their 100 denier classic opaque tights: https://www.flickr.com/photos/186292020@N08/49292577742/
    https://www.gipsytights.com/ https://www.gipsytights.com/gipsy-tights-product/1172

    ReplyDelete
  7. Model is wearing Ruby (Red) 100 denier classic opaque tights from Gipsy tights online: https://www.gipsytights.com/gipsy-tights-product/1172

    ReplyDelete